Saturday, 12th November
The President, Executive Committee and members welcome you to our Web site. We hope you will find the information user friendly and of value. Comments on how we can improve this site will be welcomed.
What Is NAJ?
The Nurses Association of Jamaica (NAJ) (UK) is a national non profit making charitable Association formed in 1978.The Association has two established branches situated in Birmingham, London
Object Of NAJ (UK)
The object of the Association is: 'To promote the study and practice of nursing, Midwifery and health visiting, through education, improved standards and carrying out research or the public benefit.'
Founder Members Of NAJ:
- Ruby Henlin
- Christina Austin
- Curla Bruce
- Merrant Birch
- Enid Ramsey
- Herma Williams
- Sylvia Frankson
- Dorothy Turner
- Angela Young
Some of our charitable activities are:
- Working in partnership with NHS Trust to achieve improvement for men
- Support to individuals experiencing discrimination and other oppressive practices
- Assisting with health care issues on an individual and organisational basis
- Working in conjunction with the Jamaican High Commission in support of the work of the hospitals, other social care areas and dealing with small projects in Jamaica
- Provision of support to NHS Trusts and private sector organisations in the UK
- Careers advice and counselling
- Support and guidance on professional and personal issues to individuals as appropriate
Charitable Giving/Projects Supported
We are proud to announce that NAJ has made the following donations to assist with health and healthcare in the UK and in our homeland and beyond.
- Chad Village in Africa
- Village in Jamaica
- Two Cancer Hospices in London: Christopher’s and Trinity
- Dare to Care: HIV & Aids for neglected Children
- Kinder Section of St Ann’s Bay Library received Encyclopaedia Britannic and awaiting two computers
- Green Acres Community Centre Spanish Town
- Heritage Trust Church in Spanish Town, in Jamaica Building of a school toilet in Jamaica
- Grace Hope Hospital in Chad (Africa)
- Support a village in Jamaica
- Mary Seacole Memorial Statue Appeal
As you can see we could not achieve this without you
NAJ Joins CBEN
What is CBEN?
NAJ is one the patrons of the Mary Seacole Memorial Association. for details contact the secretary Charmaine Case on Tel: 0208 251 7820.
NAJ has representation on the Mary Seacole Memorial Statue Appeals committee.
NAJ IS a Member of the Jamaican Diaspora UK
- To provide information on issues affecting Jamaicans and ensure that it is disseminated in an effective and timely fashion
- To promote a positive image of Jamaica and of Jamaicans in the UK
- To promote business links between the Diaspora and Jamaica